By Wainie Youn
Special to howard-bison.com
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Howard fell 6-1 to Longwood in its final home match on Saturday.
The Lancers controlled the singles competition with Nobu Tanaka defeating Omar Haloui 6-2, 6-3 at No. 1 and Marc Ferrigno prevailing over Devard Wharton 6-2, 6-1 at No. 2. George Diggs secured Howard's lone victory at No. 3 with 6-2, 6-3 over Bruno Orlandini. LU secured victories in the final three matchups with wins at No. 4, No. 5 and No. 6.
Longwood (8-8) swept the Bison in doubles play with victories in all three contests. With loss, Bison close the season at 4-12.
Howard resumes play on Friday, April 16 at the MEAC Championships in Raleigh, N.C.
1. Nobu Tanaka (LW-M) def. HALOUI,Omar (HOWM) 6-2, 6-3
2. Marc Ferrigno (LW-M) def. WHARTON,Devard (HOWM) 6-2, 6-1
3. DIGGS,George (HOWM) def. Bruno Orlandini (LW-M) 6-2, 6-3
4. Billy Heird (LW-M) def. CHAVOUS,Eric (HOWM) 6-3, 7-5
5. David Cardoso (LW-M) def. MERRELL,Tonique (HOWM) 6-3, 6-2
6. Adham Halabi (LW-M) def. BURNS,Brandon (HOWM) 6-0, 6-1
1. M. Barajas-Alexander/Marc Ferrigno (LW-M) def. HALOUI,Omar/WHARTON,Devard (HOWM) 8-2
2. Billy Heird/Adham Halabi (LW-M) def. MERRELL,Tonique/CHAVOUS,Eric (HOWM) 8-4
3. Nobu Tanaka/David Cardoso (LW-M) def. DIGGS,George/BURNS,Brandon (HOWM) 8-3