When it comes to hair removal, there is so much talk about how chemicals may damage your hair follicles. The good news is that there are several natural ways of removing hair, and one of them is the baking soda hair removal method. Since baking soda is a common item, it is often easy for lots of people to use it for getting rid of unwanted hair.
However, you may have a lot of questions about using baking soda for hair removal. Does baking soda remove pubic hair? Can I remove the hair with baking soda? How do I use baking soda to remove hair? All these questions will be answered in this article.
What is baking soda? How is it useful for hair removal?
Baking soda is a common ingredient required for baking a wide range of food items. It usually comes in a powdered form. Apart from being used for cooking, this household ingredient is also good for whitening teeth, removing excess oils from the scalp, and removing unwanted hair.
According to several baking soda hair removal reviews, this method makes it easy for people to remove hair in the comfort of their homes.
Besides, with baking soda, you don’t need to spend money on any expensive tools to remove hair in any part of your body. Consequently, it is one of the most affordable means of removing hair.
However, you must be careful when using baking soda for shaving as it can cause skin irritation and itchiness.
In addition, the ingredient may not be suitable for some skin types; hence, you should beware of baking soda hair removal side effects.
Alternatively, you should go for Homiley Electric Lady Shaver, which is a powerful, risk-free, and easy-to-use tool. You can count on the handset to remove hair from different parts of your body.
Different ways of using baking soda to remove hair
1. Baking soda and water
If you are looking for the quickest way to use baking soda for pubic hair removal, this is the method to consider. Basically, you are required to add water to baking soda and apply it to the area with undesired hair.
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1 cup of water
- Put a cup of baking soda in a bowl and add a cup of water to it. Gently mix the ingredients thoroughly until a paste is formed.
- With the aid of a cotton ball, apply the paste to the part of the body with unwanted hair growth. Allow it to stay there for around one hour.
- Once it is dry, you need to rinse it off with lukewarm water. As the paste is removed, hair will also fall off the skin.
- You can repeat this process for hair removal with baking soda a few times each month.
2. Baking soda and coffee
To get rid of unwanted hair, another method you can consider is the combination of baking soda and coffee. This technique is highly recommended for removing hair on your legs, arms, and face.
- Baking soda
- Coffee grounds
- Get a small bowl and put the baking soda in it. Put an equal quantity of coffee inside the same bowl and add water to the ingredients.
- Mix these ingredients well until they have formed a paste.
- Afterward, apply the paste directly to the area with unwanted hair. Let it remain on your body for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- With lukewarm water, remove the mixture from your skin. Please, avoid using cold water as it may affect the results of baking soda and coffee.
3. Baking soda and lemon juice
Baking soda and lemon juice can also come in handy for removing hair from different body areas.
However, if your skin is highly sensitive, exposure to lemon can cause some harm to it.
Due to the possible baking soda hair removal side effects, you may want to consult a dermatologist before applying lemon juice to your skin.
- Lemon juice
- Baking soda
- Water (optional)
- Put a small portion of baking soda in a small bowl and add some drops of lemon juice to it.
- If you want the paste to be thick, you should add some water to the other ingredients. Mix the ingredients well.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the body area with the hair you want to remove. Allow the mixture to sit on your body part for around 20 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to wash off the mixture.
4. Baking soda and turmeric
Baking soda and turmeric are also great for removing hair from different parts of the body. Basically, turmeric acts as an antioxidant whereas baking soda is a mild scrubber. When the two ingredients are combined, they can get rid of unwanted hair in various parts of the body.
- Baking soda
- Turmeric powder
- Put a tablespoon of baking soda in a bowl and add the same quantity of turmeric powder to it.
- Add some drops of water to the mixture. Then, mix all these ingredients for some minutes until a paste is formed.
- Apply the paste to the area you want to remove hair from. Afterward, you should slowly and gently massage the area for a few seconds. Leave the mixture on your body for about 20 minutes.
- Utilize lukewarm water to wash off the paste on your body. Pat it dry.
Important tips for removing hair with baking soda
When using baking soda for pubic hair removal, you should take note of the following:
- Only use it on dry skin
- Test it on a small part of your body to take note of its possible side effects
- Avoid using it on burned or inflamed skin
- For people with sensitive skin, I will advise you to consult a skin specialist before using baking soda or another product on your skin
- Avoid scrubbing your skin harshly when getting rid of baking soda on your body
The above methods are natural ways to get rid of hair using baking soda. However, a device like Electric women’s shaver will go a long way in taking care of your body for healthy skin.
It doesn’t cause any stubble or bumps. You can use it while taking shower.