A Brief History And Tips For Keno Players
Keno is an ancient game that comes from the continent of Asia, and it is an increasingly popular choice at online casinos and land-based establishments today. It is quite similar in appearance to playing other lottery-style games and is popular amongst all ages. Whether you’re a seasoned Keno player or are a new and hopeful Keno player, this guide covers everything that you need to know before you begin playing the ancient game of Keno.
Where Did Keno Originate?
Keno is a game that originated in China. It ranges back to be at least 2,000 years old, but some historians believe it is closer to 3,000 years. The most commonly accepted origin for Keno is that it was begun by Cheung Leung, during the Han dynasty. It gained popularity and became a way in which village administrators would raise funds for various endeavours. Reportedly, Keno lotteries were responsible for the funding of the Great Wall of China!
The original game was known as baige piao, and was run by selecting characters or numbers, with winning tickets being rewarded. Through the years the game underwent a few changes to become the one enjoyed and played worldwide today.
What Is Keno?
Keno is a lottery-style game where players can pick a variety of numbers from the range of 80 numbers that are available. At its heart, Keno is a game of chance. The game randomly will select up to 20 numbers as the winning ones, and a payout will be given to players based on how many numbers of the winning set were matched.
How To Play Keno
If you’re a Keno beginner, you can select an auto pick option in which the game or site will randomly select numbers for you on an online Keno card. This will then be matched against the Keno winning numbers. Winners will be paid out promptly.
Depending on which online site you use, and the Keno rules that are in play, the criteria for the winning threshold will vary. For example, if you play for a maximum of 10 numbers selected, then at a minimum you will need to match at least three of them, to win a payout. Naturally, the more numbers that you match on the Keno card, the higher the payout will be. Look around for a site like ZAR Casino that offers good number ranges and multiple Keno boards to choose from, along with a range of other casino games to enjoy.
The absolute recommended minimum playing amount when picking your Keno numbers is four or eight. These numbers should then be played on a 20-spot Keno as many players believe that playing on higher number Keno games make your odds drop drastically.
If you choose a higher spot Keno game, and go over eight selection numbers, then your payout winnings will usually be much smaller, and you will need to have at least four or more of those numbers chosen to get anything more than your initial bet paid back. The only exception is if there is a progressive jackpot that is attached to the game, as then it is prudent to choose over eight numbers since they can help you potentially reach that jackpot sooner.
When it comes to Keno, you can receive a payout that starts from as little as one times your initial bet amount or have payouts of up to 200,000 times your initial bet. The jackpot total, and the total payouts, depend entirely on the Keno card chosen.
If you wish to have a higher payout, then it’s recommended that you find Keno games which offer payouts for having just a few numbers selected, as these have a better chance of players winning money back, especially if they play more frequently.
Winning Keno Tips And Tricks
- Figuring out whether you like Keno is best done when you play for free. This allows you to get a handle on the rules of the game, and the potential payouts, as well as help you to devise a strategy of your own when selecting numbers. Playing Keno for free also helps you get a grasp on whether choosing 4 numbers 8 numbers or higher numbers assist you in winning more back. Once you have the basics covered, you can choose to play Keno with real money involved.
- Some Keno sites will have a set of numbers, known as ‘Hot’ Keno numbers, displayed on the screen somewhere. These Hot Keno numbers are highlighted, because while all numbers are randomly generated, these specific numbers have recently appeared more often than others have in the short-term. By using these chosen hot numbers on your keno card, you potentially could win back money more often.
- Conversely, as opposed to having hot Keno numbers on their Keno card, some players believe that cold or less frequent Keno numbers will show up more often during the Keno game. As the numbers are drawn entirely by a random number generator the outcomes of the numbers chosen are entirely random.
- There is another school of thought in which some Keno players, who have researched outcomes, believe that playing consecutive numbers can assist you in having a higher win ratio.
- The consecutive number selection is a popular choice for seasoned pros, though new players have also had luck with hot number and cold number selections.
Regardless of if you choose to play Keno at a local establishment or at an online casino for free or for real money, it’s a thoroughly fun game.
Players have the freedom to spend as much or as little as they wish to, and they do not need to wait for anyone, like a live dealer or other players, to enjoy the game. Compared to many other casino games, Keno is one which is easily learned. The rules are quite simple, and players get numerous opportunities to land on a winning ticket. Are you ready to give it a try?