Today PDF is a widely used document file format for storing text, images, graphics, tables and much more. However, file size is a big problem. The PDF file size can be hundreds of megabytes. If you use PDF, you will find that it creates large files and takes up a lot of space. It doesn’t even allow you to share your document online and send it to colleagues by email. That’s why this article talks about several ways to compress your PDF files on PC and Mac.
The free program 2PDF has a tool for compressing PDF files. On the 2PDF Tools website, in addition to online tools, there is an application installed on a computer. The program works offline.
The 2PDF program installs a virtual printer of the same name into the system, which can be used to save documents to PDF from any programs that support printing.
- Run the 2PDF program on your PC.
- In the “2PDF Toolbox” window with tools, click on the “Compress PDF” button.
- In the window that opens, click on the “Select files” button or drag them with the mouse to a special area.
- After adding the file, the DPI value and image quality are indicated on the bottom panel. Click on the “Compress” button to reduce the file size.
- After processing is completed, click on the “Save” button or send the file by email using the “Email” button.
Adobe Acrobat Pro
This application is from the creator of the PDF format — Adobe Systems.
Adobe Acrobat Pro is a paid, functional application, unlike the free Adobe Reader program designed to view PDF files.
You can reduce the PDF size in Adobe Acrobat in the following way:
- Open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Enter the “Tools” tab.
- Click on the “Optimize PDF” option.
- The optimized document will open in the application window. By default, the “Reduce file size” option is selected.
- Click on the “File” menu.
- In the context menu, first select “Save as Other”, and then “Reduced Size PDF file”.
- In the “Reduce File Size” window, the existing compatibility is indicated by default. Click on the “OK” button to continue the processing process.
- In the “Save As” window, select the location and type — “Adobe PDF files (*.pdf)”, and then click “Save”.
Candy PDF offers almost everything you need to work with digital papers. This resource is distinguished by the most extensive choice of all the options considered, allowing you to surpass pdf and other formats in Word, JPG, DOCX, RTF, PNG, BMP, TIFF. Users can also translate HTML, FB2, Word, graphic images, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentation into PDF. There are possibilities for processing, including if you need to recognize text from an image and extract it.
On the first visit, the service immediately suggests switching to a localized version. The interface is well structured, so it is not difficult to understand the management. All functions can be used without payment, although there is a limit on the number of pages processed. In addition to the web version, the user can install an extension for Google Chrome, but other browsers are not supported.
Many users are interested in how to reduce the size of a PDF document in order to send it to the addressee via the Internet or save disk space. You can compress PDF online or using computer programs. You can use several methods using PC applications or online services that will allow you to get an optimized PDF file of a smaller size.