The Atorvastatin Normon is a medicine properly approved by the Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products (AEMPS). It has the quality certificate of the health authorities and is indicated for different health matters.
Specifically, Atorvastatin belongs to a group of drugs called statins, which are those that They are responsible for regulating lipids (fats in the body). It is a medication with different possibilities of use.
Atorvastatin is indicated to reduce lipids such as cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood when a low-fat diet and style changes of life have failed.
Contraindications of Atorvastatin
As with any medicine, before taking Atorvastatin it is necessary to take into account a series of aspects. And it is that this drug is not indicated for all types of people, as explained by the AEMPS and is included in the medication leaflet itself.
- Thus, you should not take Atorvastatin Normon in the following situations:
- In case of being allergic to Atorvastatin or any other similar medicine used to lower lipids.
- If you have or have previously had any disease that directly affects the liver.
- In case of being a woman of childbearing age and not using adequate contraceptive measures.
- If you have or have had unexplained abnormal results in liver function blood tests.
- In case of being a pregnant woman or if you are trying to become pregnant. It is also not recommended during breastfeeding.
- If you use the combination of glecaprevir / pibrentasvir for the treatment of hepatitis C.
In addition, the Spanish Medicines Agency recommends reading the prospectus for possible adverse effects after consumption of this medicine. Under normal conditions, the intake of Atorvastatin does not have to cause any type of side effects, but even in a small percentage they could occur.
Method of drug use
According to the AEMPS, the normal dose of Atorvastatin is 10 mg once daily for both adults and children from 10 years. However, your doctor may consider it appropriate to increase the dose depending on the clinical picture.
In this sense, the maximum recommended dose of Atorvastatin is 80 mg once a day for adults and 20 mg for children.
On the other hand, the tablets of this medicine should be swallowed whole in a glass of water. In addition, they can be taken at any time of the day, with or without food. Although, the health authorities recommend that its daily intake is always carried out at the same time.Finally, the Spanish Medicines Agency advises to strictly follow the instructions for administering the medicine. Thus, in case of doubts about the consumption of Atorvastatin, do not hesitate to consult your doctor.