Over the years, there has been a lot of research done on the skin and its condition, which has led to the development of various beauty treatments and face masks. While some may be harmful, others are completely safe and very effective. Face masks made with eggs are some of the most effective face masks that can be used to treat various skin conditions.
There are many beauty treatments and face masks that use eggs. Eggs are a great source of protein, vitamins, and minerals, which makes them a great ingredient for beauty treatments and face masks. The egg white face mask is one of the most well-liked egg-based cosmetic remedies. Egg white is a great facial toner and astringent. That answers you if you were wondering what part of the egg you use for a facial!
Is raw egg good for your skin?
YES! It can help to tighten pores, remove dead skin cells, and even help to reduce wrinkles. Because of its high protein content, egg white is also a great ingredient for hair treatments and hair masks.
For an egg facial or treatment, it’s best to use fresh, organic eggs like those you can get from the Walmart flyer. The Marketside Organic Cage Free Brown Eggs are a good example of the organic eggs they stock, and you can get them on promotional deals most of the time.
Is egg good for facial treatment?
Here are several reasons why beauty treatments and face masks with eggs are good for your skin:
- As a rich source of protein, eggs can help tone and firm skin.
- Egg whites can be used as a natural astringent to help reduce pores and acne.
- Egg yolks can be used to hydrate and moisturise dry skin.
- Using an egg mask once a week can help improve the overall appearance of your skin.
- Eggs can be used as a spot treatment for blemishes.
- Egg whites can be used to tighten pores and make your skin look brighter.
- Eggs can help to rebuild damaged skin cells.
- They also contain vitamins A, D, and E, which can help to nourish the skin.
How to do an egg facial
You have read all these benefits of eggs on your skin and now you want to know ‘how can I do an egg facial?’ Eggs can be used to create a variety of different face masks, depending on your needs. Here are a few egg face mask examples:
Egg white mask
If you need a face mask that will help to hydrate your skin, you can use an egg white mask.
- Take one egg and crack it at the midpoint.
- Tilt the shell holding the egg and close it off with the cracked shell, leaving a small gap through which the egg white can pass into a bowl.
- Alternatively, pour the egg into your hand and try to catch the yolk without breaking it – let the white sip into a bowl.
- Use the egg white as a base liquid. Add other ingredients to create your mask, e.g., lemon juice, if you have oily skin.
- Apply to your face using a cotton pad or a clean facial brush. Leave on for 10 minutes and wash it off with clean, warm water. Pat dry and moisturise.
Egg yolk mask
An egg yolk mask will help to soothe and nourish your skin, leaving it with a wonderful glow. Try these 3 masks:
- Use one egg yolk, 1 teaspoon yoghurt and ¼ ripe avocado. Blend the avocado until it is smooth. Add the yoghurt and egg yolk and mix thoroughly. Apply the paste onto your face with your fingers. Leave on for 15 mins then wash off with clean, warm water. Pat dry and moisturise as usual. This mask gives you supple skin.
- 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon almond oil. These are ingredients for an egg yolk mask for acne-prone skin. Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl until frothy. Apply the mixture to your face using your fingertips. Leave it on for 15 mins and then wash off with warm water. It’s best to try this mask before a shower because it is generally a little harder to remove than other egg masks.
- For aging skin, mix 1 ripe banana, 1 egg yolk, and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Use a fork to mash your banana in a small bowl. Mash it until smooth. Add the egg yolk and olive oil and blend nicely. Apply to your face and let it sit for 15 mins. Wash off with warm water and pat dry. Moisturise with a little olive oil afterwards.
Eggshells are a surprisingly good ingredient for a face mask that will help exfoliate your skin, leaving it smooth and glowing. Take a few eggshells and clean them with running water. Let them dry then grind them into a smooth powder using your normal blender. Mix in some egg white and apply the mask to your face in circular motions. Leave it on for 15 mins then wash off. Do this 3 times a week and your skin will have a beautiful, natural glow.
Eggs are used in a variety of face masks and facial treatments. Protein, vitamins, and minerals are all abundant in eggs. One of the most well-liked egg-based beauty treatments is the egg white face mask. Egg white is also a fantastic ingredient for hair treatments due to its high protein content. Your skin’s general appearance can be enhanced by applying an egg mask once a week. Depending on your needs, you can make a variety of different face masks with eggs. For instance, you can use an egg white mask to moisturise your skin if you need a face mask.