An iOS developer is someone who creates programs for mobile devices that use Apple’s iOS operating system. These applications may be downloaded through the App Store. Objective-C or Swift are the two programming languages that may be used on iOS, and a professional iOS developer should ideally be fluent in at least one of them. If you are especially interested in hiring a Swift developer, please review the Swift Developer Job Description Template we have provided for your convenience. In addition, iOS developers need to comprehend solid the many patterns and practices associated with the iOS platform.
When writing a solid job description and advertising for an iOS developer through an app design company, it is vital to emphasize the particular technologies required for the project. When you seek expert startup developers to suit a specific niche, using a generic iOS developer profile in your job ad can receive several applications from individuals who are either unfamiliar with the essential technologies or have an insufficient understanding of the platform. Finding the right iPhone application development services and candidates can make it difficult.
The Job Description for an iOS Developer
- Develop software programs compatible with Apple’s iOS operating system.
- Ensure that the apps’ performance, quality, or responsiveness are all up to par.
- Participate in team efforts to identify, create, and implement newly added features.
- Find and resolve the bottlenecks in the process and any errors.
- Assistance in maintaining the code’s quality, structure, and automation.
- Competent with either Objective-C or Swift, “depending on the needs of the project,” as well as Cocoa Touch.
- Experience with iOS frameworks like Core Data and Core Animation, among others, is desirable.
- Familiarity with offline storage, multitasking, and performance tweaking is also advantageous.
- The ability to link iOS apps to back-end services via RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with various web technologies as well as UI/UX standards
- Familiarity with Apple’s design ideas and measures for its user interface
- Working familiarity with low-level C-based libraries is highly desirable
- Expertise in performance and memory optimization using tools such as Instruments and Shark, depending on the project’s requirements
- Working knowledge of cloud messaging APIs and push notifications is required
- A talent for performance evaluation and improvement
- Knowledge and experience with many code versioning technologies, including but not limited to Git, Mercurial, and SVN
- Knowledge of the process of continuous integration
This article was all to provide you with an example job description for the position of iOS developer. Using this description as a guide, you can compose an excellent job advertisement and ensure that it is simple to identify and employ the candidate that best meets your requirements or connect with Zazz to find all at once.