Each potential customer of a web resource faces different types of difficulties while looking for a website developer (https://fireart.studio/business-website-development-services/). Some have no idea how sites are created, others have a superficial idea about it, and others can distinguish design from layout, which is not bad since the study of this issue can be omitted.
But regardless of the level of awareness of the development process, a potential customer must be aware of what tasks his site should perform. Not a single even the most competent developer will be able to help in this matter because they do not know how the business works and how it will develop in the future.
Fortunately, now is not the end of the “nineties” and the times have passed when many entrepreneurs did not understand that the site is primarily a tool to strengthen the business, increase the flow of customers and increase their loyalty. Therefore, if we say: “what kind of site is needed”, we mean its type and structure. The main types of Internet resources are as follows:
- Business card site. A feature of such a resource is the conciseness of the presentation of information and some pages (no more than 5). This is a kind of business card of a specialist or company, which contains information about services, contact details, and photos with examples of work.
- The corporate site (business site) shows the company’s services and aims to improve its image. It is also designed to solve the problems of customers and employees of the organization. Design elements, text, and graphic content, as well as functionality help to promote the corporate identity of the company, build brand awareness, expand the partner and client base, and provide the target audience with complete information about the company. With the help of a corporate website, you can maintain round-the-clock communication with visitors and partners, set up advertisements, create and receive applications, and process orders. An integral part of corporate websites is the presence of a feedback form, a blog, and a section with reviews. Unlike a business card site, which has 5 pages without subpages, a corporate one has a greater “browsing depth”. It has a general services page, which is linked to pages for each service, from which the pages of the company’s employees go.
- Promo site. Unlike corporate and business card sites, which contain general information about goods and services, the purpose of a promo site is to focus on a specific event or specific products. This is a kind of presentation, which means that the emphasis is more on graphic information.
- Showcase site. This is an electronic catalog that literally “from the doorway” informs the visitor about goods and services. By going to the appropriate section, you can see the full range of what the resource offers, with a detailed description of each product. Typically, a showcase site works as follows: product selection – communication with the seller – information about payment and delivery methods – payment – receipt.
- An online store is a site with a catalog and product cards with prices, a personal account, a filter, the ability to add purchases to the “Basket”, buy in one click, apply a coupon, compare products with each other, place an order and deliver. The online store has a blog with feature articles, a “Favorites” tab (for adding products you like) and other features that are unique to this type of web resource. The online store helps to solve the tasks of managers and optimizes their work since it is easier to accept and process orders on the site than by phone.
One-pager (landing page, landing page, landing page) for e-commerce sites (https://fireart.studio/blog/ecommerce-programming-the-best-language-to-develop-an-ecommerce-website/). As the name implies, such a site consists of a single page. Landing pages are created for one product or service that needs to be sold as quickly as possible or, if it is a novelty on the market, to increase its recognition. Landing pages come with both vertical and horizontal scrolling. The former is more convenient for visitors, so they are used much more often. The main difference between one-page sites and multi-page sites is the structure (all elements on one page) and a pronounced commercial component. The basis for developing a landing page is a USP (unique selling proposition), and the main elements are a catchy title, text and graphic blocks that strengthen the visitor’s interest, the USP itself, a call to action, and a button for performing this action (buy, subscribe, etc.).