Codeine is an effective pain reliever. Doctors use it to relieve mild to moderate pain. They also use this medication in combination with other medicines to reduce coughing.
Co-codamol is a combination medicine. It is a mixture of two different painkillers, including Codeine and paracetamol. Doctors usually use it to treat pains such as muscular pain, headache, toothache, and migraines. It is also effective in reducing aches.
Both Co-codamol and Codeine are used to relieve pain. Doctors indicate the use of co-codamol in adults. This medication comes as capsules and tablets with three different dosage strengths.
You can also take diabetics medicine to control your diabetes, below are some diabetics medicine you can consider.
– Online generic medicine
– Glycomet 500 MG Tablet
– Glynase Mf 5/500 MG Tablet
Before taking any medicines always consult with your doctors or you can also take free doctor consultations from Truemeds. Truemeds is an online pharmacy in India providing online generic medicine and branded medicines with free doctor consultations. They are also providing free pan-India medicine delivery, saving up to 72% on Truemeds Doctor’s recommended medicines.
What is co-codamol?
Co-codamol is a strong painkiller that doctors use when other painkillers don’t show any relief. Codeine combined with paracetamol makes co-codamol. This medication comes in 3 doses where the strength of paracetamol remains the same while the strength of Codeine varies.
The dosage includes 8mg of codeine/ 500mg of paracetamol, 15mg of codeine/ 500mg of paracetamol, and 30mg of codeine/ 500mg of paracetamol. You can buy this medication based on the degree of your pain.
Codeine is an active ingredient in co-codamol. Codeine belongs to the medicine family known as opioid analgesics. Paracetamol is the second ingredient in this medication. It makes a more powerful painkiller.
Why do doctors use co-codamol?
When painkillers such as ibuprofen, aspirin, or paracetamol don’t provide any relief to a patient’s pain, doctors use this combination of medicine. It effectively reduces mild to severe pain such as muscular pain, migraines, and toothaches.
Doctors use this medication to relieve pain in people aged 17 years and older. They advise taking one or two tablets of co-codamol 3 to 4 times a day for effective results.
Side Effects of co-codamol
The chance of having the side effects of co-codamol is low. However, some people who use co-codamol experience side effects when taking more tablets than recommended.
- The most common side effect is constipation, feeling sleepy, and nausea.
- Some people also experience headaches, skin rash, and changes in their eyesight.
- Bladder problems can also be seen in people taking co-codamol in an inappropriate dosage.
If you experience any side effects of co-codamol, you should contact your doctor. They may tell you to change your dosage.
Who should take this medication?
Anyone with mild to moderate pain can buy Codeine online and take it with paracetamol. You can also use co-codamol if you are looking for a strong painkiller. Children above 12 can also use this medication when other pain relievers stop working.
Who Should Avoid Using This Medication?
Sometimes, doctors avoid using this medication in some people, especially with certain medical conditions. This medication is not suitable to use for these people, including:
- People who are taking Sleeping pills for their insomnia treatment.
- People who drink regularly.
- People with a lung infection, liver issues, or asthma.
- People who take medicine for depression, seizures, or other mental problems.
- Pregnant women or women who are breastfeeding a newborn baby.
What precautions needed to be followed with this medication
Doctors tell their patients to follow some precautions before taking co-codamol. The safety precautions help lower the risk of side effects and dependency. Some precaution includes:
- Co-codamol is safe to take with ibuprofen and aspirin, but don’t take it with paracetamol.
- Combining co-codamol and Sleeping pills such as diazepam can be risky.
- Avoid taking blood-thinning medications such as warfarin.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to Codeine or paracetamol before taking this medication since you may experience a serious allergic reaction.
- Avoid drinking or taking antidepressants while you are on co-codamol.
Co-codamol tablets and capsules are available online. You can also buy Codeine online and use it to relieve pain. You must consult your doctor before using co-codamol since its active ingredient is an opioid.
If you are confused about this medication direction, asking your doctor can help. Ask your doctor for safety precautions of this medication as they can answer you honestly.