This article outlines the last date for American citizens to file their 2021 tax returns. Read more about the Tax Extension Deadline.
Do you want to know when the final date is for your taxes to be filed? Let’s find out more about important dates and other information related to this topic.
American taxpayers Worldwidesearch official publications and notifications related tax filing. Citizens are also eager to find important dates that will help them plan their tax filings.
This is a common problem. People tend to push the filing process towards the end of the Tax Extension Deadline (2022).
About 2022 Tax Day & Deadline
The official data states that citizens must pay the 2021 owed tax or file an extension by April 18, 2022. Officially, April 18 was chosen over April 15. This is due to Emancipation Day.
Taxpayers from Maine and Massachusetts must file their returns by April 19, 2022 due to the Patriot’s Day holiday. The Tax File Deadline 2022 gives taxpayers the last date for tax filing.
Criteria for Taxpayer Extension
- Two months additional time is available to U.S citizens who are not in the country for filing tax returns for the prior financial year.
- Citizens who are not citizens of the country must file the return and pay tax using an IRS form published on or before June 15, 2022.
- Residents of Massachusetts and Maine must file form 4868.
- A citizen can file Form 1040-NR if he or she has not received wages or is subject to income tax withholding.
- To be eligible for extensions, you must mark the relevant boxes on your form.
Extension Deadline for Tax Extension 2022
- April 18, 2022 is the last day to file tax returns in 2021. It’s also the last day to request an extension.
- April 19, 2022: Last day to file tax returns or request an extension for Massachusetts residents.
- October 17, 2022: Last day to submit a citizen’s extension request
Tips for Easy Tax Filing
- Collect and organize tax records from the previous year, including social security numbers.
- To find out more information about Filing Extension Deadline 2022 and discounts for taxpayers, visit the IRS official website.
- To access tax-related information, such as balance, payment records, adjusted gross income and tax records from previous years, log in to the IRS website
- Users of the IRS website can also calculate the tax amount based on financial data for 2021.
To avoid IRS penalties, responsible citizens must file taxes for the fiscal year and pay taxes according to the official deadlines. For more information on this topic , please visit this page.
Have you seen the Tax Extension Deadline for 2022? Please comment below to share your thoughts on the above dates.